• 3 cups diced onion
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• 2 cans (4oz. each) diced green chilies, mild
• 2 cans (15oz each) cannellini beans, drained and
rinsed (divided, see below)
• 1 can (15oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup frozen (or canned) corn kernels
• 4 cups chicken broth (divided, see below)
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• ¼ tsp. ground chipotle powder
• ¼ tsp smoked paprika
• ¼ tsp. chili powder
• 1 tsp. kosher salt
• sliced avocado
• shredded monterey jack cheese
• crushed tortilla chips
• sour cream
• chopped cilantro
1. In a blender or mini food processor, blend ½ cup of the chicken broth with half of your prepared cannellini beans
(15ouces), and puree. This will act as a natural thickener for your chili. Reserve the rest of the chicken broth and
cannellini beans for the chili.
2. In a crock pot, put your chicken thighs in first, and then add your pureed chicken broth/bean mixture.
3. Add in the rest of your ingredients, including the reserved chicken broth and cannellini beans.
4. Cook on high heat for 6 hours.
5. With tongs, grab the chicken out of the pot (it should be fully cooked through), and shred it with a fork, then
return it to the chili pot.
6. Cook on low another hour or so, until the flavors have melded together.
7. Serve, and garnish with crushed tortilla chips, avocado, cilantro, and other toppings of your choice.